Monday, May 23, 2011

Real Housewives of Orange County

Upon reading Julie & Julia (the national bestseller and memoir by Julie Powell), I began considering the value of maintaining a blog and decided it to be within my capabilitiy--I hope.  While I doubt that my musings here will result in the fame and fortune that Julie's blog earned her, I do believe that "blogging" will be a fun writing exercise.  If only this type of exercise burned calories.

What prompted me to start this blog exactly is that I'm an avid watcher of Bravo's Real Housewives installments (nearly all of them, in fact), with the Orange County housewives being my favorite.  As you other fans will know, the current season is coming to a close, so I have only a limited amount of time to make my thoughts about the ladies and their antics known!  With that said, Bravo WILL NOT POST any of my comments to the housewives' blogs, to which I so dilligently devote myself every Monday morning.  I think that after taking the time to carefully phrase my thoughts about each show, my reflections should get to be published somewhere.  And so they will!  Here on my blog.

All of that to say that my blog will be an outlet for this rant and many others.

So about last night's RHOC episode...
Gretchen's comments about Vicki's absense from the fashion show were heartless and cruel.  How dare she pass off Vicki's admission to the hospital and subsequent procedure as ploys for attention!  And how dare Alexis put any stock in what Gretchen had to say!  Tamra might not be perfect, but at least she has a good enough heart to show some compassion toward her friend and fellow human being.


I could say more on the subject, but alas, I must return to work.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Love:

    "If only this type of exercise burned calories"

    "my reflections should get to be published somewhere. And so they will! Here on my blog."

    "I could say more on the subject, but alas, I must return to work."--I feel a little Dumbledore in this one.

    ReplyDelete